Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home!

Well our first night in our own home was great...Josiah is set up in Clay's room which is on the first floor. He has a walker for personal transportation and they are bringing a wheelchair sometime today. His foot is completely non-weight bearing, so that's the big issue. His bottom actually doesn't seem to be bothering him too much.

We go back to the orthopaedic doc on the 17th to look at his heel. The skin there doesn't look good on the back of his heel (I saw it). They may need to remove it but are still hopeful it will heal on it's own and the dead skin will "fall off".

They are delivering a wheelchair today, a neighbor is bringing a ramp so it will be easier to get him in and out. He's doing quite well actually, not in much pain as far as I can tell. They are concerned about him being "weaned" off the stronger meds he's been on in the hospital and we've been trying to fill a persc...ription they gave us...but so far, he's not having any probs.

I feel like I've been run over myself...all the stress just catches up to you I guess. I slept in Clay's room (which is where Josiah is sleeping on the 1st floor) on some cushions to make sure how his first night went. He didn't actually fully wake up, but he did cry out several times and I had to hold his hand a little bit. He drifted off without any intervention. He's probably just used to being woken by the nurses every 2-4 hours...his body is on auto pilot (ha).

My mom is here for a few days and Steve's mom just left...I think she will be back when mine goes home, so someone else is running the house enabling me to just tend him and catch up. Our town and friends and church family has been wonderful, so supportive, so "there for us". I know the Lord is hearing us and giving us His strength for all we need to and have faced.

My mother in law did all my laundry :) and the girls are running errands and helping to keep the place running, so I am truly blessed.

Thanks for praying. Our current request is on-going for no infection...and specifically about the heel that the dead skin will fall off on its own and new skin will take its place and we can avoid a graft....

No comments: