We had a pretty good night except for some malfunctioning machines that beep when you don't want them to, just the "usual" interruptions. The OR doctor we saw today said there is a small piece of skin on the back of his ankle that still doesn't look good. It may need grafting if it doesn't heal on its own...that is something to ask the Lord for. They have him on immodium, but his bowels are still in action, though it is liquidy...of course mom is his favorite "cleaner upper", which makes for a lot of up and down. He told me I needed the exercise once, when I mentioned being tired of doing it - ha. I suppose it's true :)
His sisters will be coming for the first time today...so that will be nice for me to see them. I miss all the kids. We have been e-mailing and calling some, but it isn't the same. Alayna pitched her first time at softball the other night and I wasn't there, boo hoo. Micah went home yesterday...I think he needed a break. I enjoyed a nice long break while Steve was here...saw the sun and felt the breath of the wind on my face - ahhh. They have nice big showers in the Family Resource Room, so I took advantage of that too. It was a very refreshing afternoon.
We actually made it into a wheelchair in the afternoon and went outside - on the 3rd floor they have a play area. There wasn't much J. could do of course, but he counted while Micah raced, and tried to throw a b-ball to Steve so he could make a basket. It was good for him to see the outside as well. It's not an easy trip dragging his pole, watching for i'v. cords to get tangled, but it was worth the trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment